The land of KPop, South Korea, has been one of the most-liked travel destinations for Filipinos. Maybe because Filipinos are so addicted to Korean TV Dramas and that may have sprung curiosity out of Filipino’s minds to visit South Korea and meet their idols.
Like Japan and Australia, Filipinos are also required to get a travel visa before entering South Korea. Read on our guide and tips on how to apply for a South Korea Tourist Visa for Filipinos.
Essentials Requirements for a South Korea Tourist Visa
- Visa Application Form
- 1 piece Passport size colored picture
- Original Passport (should be valid for more than 6months)
- Photocopy of Passport Bio-page (page 2)
- Original & Photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past 5 years (if applicable, and Korean Visas will not be counted)
- Original Certificate of Employment (must include applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, office address, HR landline number(cellphone number is not allowed), HR e-mail address)
- Original Personal Bank Certificate (must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB)
- Bank Statement (original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months)
- ITR(Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 Copy (should be a Certified True Copy or BIR stamped receipt)
- Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (if applicable only)
* If personally invited by Korean
- Invitation Letter
- Photocopy of invitor’s Passport or Identification Card (authentication not required)
* If invited by Company in Korea
- Invitation Letter
- Photocopy of Korean Company Business Permit (authentication not required)
NOTE: Frequent travellers who have travelled as tourist to OECD member countries within 5 years are exempted from submitting ITR.
NOTE: For other visa types, you can directly visit the official website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Republic of the Philippines
Tip 1: Plane tickets and reserved accommodation are not required but you can submit it to get a higher chance of getting your visa application approved.
Tip 2: The Korea Embassy nor any of the travel agencies never disclosed the amount needed on your bank account. Just make sure your bank account is opened for at least 6 months from the date you applied for a visa.
Tip 3: If you cannot supply one of the basic requirements, it is best to write a Letter of Explanation and addressed to the Consulate-General of South Korea.
If you have all your documents ready and complete, you can go to your chosen travel agency to submit and pay an extra fee or you can directly visit the Consulate of Korea in Cebu or Manila.
Address and Contact
- Consulate in Manila
- Consulate in Cebu
- 12th Floor Chinabank Corporate Center, Lot 2, Samar Loop Cor. Road 5, Cebu Business Park, Mabolo, Cebu City
- Tel : (63-32) 231-1516(-9)
- E-Mail : email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days will it take to process the Tourist Visa in the Philippines?
It will take 3 working days for those who have been to OECD member countries within 5 years as tourist and 5 working days for those who have not been to OECD member countries within 5 years
How much is the visa processing fee of South Korea Tourist Visa?
If you are staying in South Korea for 59 days or less, visa processing is FREE/GRATIS. If you’ll stay 60 to 90 days in South Korea, it will cost you PHP 1,800.
If got denied, how long can I re apply for a visa?
You can re apply after 6 months.